DateFriday, October 7, 2011
Time6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
LocationBlue Star Contemporary Art Center
Related ExhibitCHUCK RAMIREZ | Minimally Baroque
- Oct 2: Tommy Gregory: “Loading...”
- Dec 4: “Spatial Planes”
- Dec 4: “Fernando Andrade”
- Dec 4: “Northern Triangle”
- More »
Open 12-3pm on Saturday, September 20
- Nov 19:
Blue Star Black Tie Bingo
- More »
- Feb 28, 2014-Jan 31, 2015: Richard Hunt: “Art in the Garden 2014” (San Antonio Botanical Garden)
Seniors & B-Cycle Members: $3
Military, Veterans, Students with ID and Blue Star Members: Free
First Friday - October 7, 2011
October 7th is First Friday!
What’s New This First Friday...
- Live music from David Gibson and Carlos Meza, presented by BONESHAKERS BICYCLE PUB
- October 7th is the last day to help La Tuna rebuild by purchasing a Blue Star membership. Any membership purchased between September 27th and October 7th will have 50% of the purchase price donated to La Tuna to help them rebuild their kitchen.
What is First Friday?
On the First Friday of every month Blue Star Contemporary Art Center stays open late, until 9 pm. Because all exhibitions open on the first Thursday of every month, there is always at least one new exhibition to see each First Friday. Often, Blue Star will offer live music, drinks, a raffle, a Membership special, or some other special event on First Friday. As a result, most of the other galleries and businesses within the Blue Star Arts Complex stay open late as well, with the celebration extending through the King William area. Due to high attendance, parking at the complex is limited.
116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204
(210) 227-6960 | Contact Us | Hours
Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum gratefully acknowledges major support from the City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development, the Lifshutz Family, the National Endowment for the Arts, and Ricos Products Co., Inc. Additional essential support is provided by Alamo Beer, Alturas Foundation, Argo Group, Boeing Employee Community Fund, The Capital Group Company: Home of American Funds, Citrus at Hotel Valencia, H-E-B, Hotel Valencia, The Flohr Family Foundation, Frost Bank, The Arts Fund, Luther King Capital Management, Mission Pharmacal, Muñoz and Company, The NRP Group LLC, NuStar Energy LP, Rackspace, RBC, Republic National Distributing Company, Silver Eagle Distributors LP, The Smothers Foundation, Strasburger & Price, LLP, Texas Commission on the Arts, The Trust Company, Valero Energy, and the Community Partners, Members, Individual Donors, and Board of Directors of Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum.
© Contemporary Art For San Antonio 2014
- Nov 19: