DateTuesday, May 6, 2014
Time12:00 am - 11:59 pm
- Jun 4: “Everyday is Ordinary”
- Jun 4: “Transmission ”
- Jun 4: Cynthia Gregory: “Of Reference, Of Departure, Of Origin”
- Jul 2: “Emily Fleisher”
- More »
- May 20:
Red Dot 2015
- More »
- Feb 28, 2015-Jun 1, 2015: “Icon ” (Semmes Library)
Seniors & B-Cycle Members: $3
Military, Veterans, Students with ID and Blue Star Members: Free
The Big GiveBlue Star Contemporary Art Museum is excited to take part in San Antonio's inaugural Big Give. Scheduled to take place on , this 24 hour online giving effort promises to greatly benefit San Antonio nonprofits as it's proven to be enormously successful in other cities. With the goal of investing in San Antonio nonprofits and driving the community forward, this event has the potential to greatly impact this city by focusing efforts within a 24 hour period to our LOCAL community. I encourage you to not only give to Blue Star, but also to other organizations that are close to your heart. There are over 400 organizations participating in this inaugural event!How can you help?
- Make a donation of $10 or more on by visiting:
All donations will benefit our exhibitions and educational programming. For those of you who are unfamiliar with our FREE after school art education program, please watch this inspiring video:
- In honor of our address, 116 Blue Star, we will be targeting
for a prize winner giveaway.
- If you give between , you will receive free admission to the museum for yourself and a guest.
- If you give $16 or more at exactly , you will receive a free Blue Star individual membership.
- If you give $116 or more at exactly , you will also receive an Arts & Eats Cookbook, and a Texas Biennial catalogue.
- If you give $1,160 or more during the hour, you will also receive four tickets to Red Dot, and special recognition in our June newsletter.
- Share this with your friends, family, and co-workers! See if you can share this with 10 new Blue Star supporters! Not only is the amount donated to one organization important during the Big Give, but the number of supporters too. Organizations with steady support throughout the 24 hour period receive coveted placement on the online leaderboard. This increased exposure could mean even greater support for Blue Star from the general public that day. Blue Star will be eligible for matching funds and challenge grants depending on the amount of traffic we have that day. Even if your friends can only give $10, every little bit is HUGELY helpful.
116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204
(210) 227-6960 | Contact Us | Hours
Blue Star Contemporary gratefully acknowledges major support from the City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development; The Lifshutz Family; Ann Griffith Ash; The Brown Foundation, Inc.; Charles C. Butt; Capital Group; Penelope Speier and Sonny Collins; H-E-B; Ricos Products Co., Inc.; Valero Energy Corporation; and Weston Urban. Additional essential support is provided by 1010 South Flores Lofts and 1111 Austin Highway Lofts; Argo Group; Bury, Inc.; Casa Rio & Schilo's; C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc.; Pat and Geof Edwards; Frost Bank; King William Association; Muñoz and Company; The NRP Group, LLC; Rackspace; Silver Eagle Distributors; Strasburger & Price, LLP; Texas Commission on the Arts; and the Community Partners, Members, Individual Donors, and Board of Directors of Blue Star Contemporary.
© Contemporary Art For San Antonio 2015