DatesThursday, November 1, 2012 — December 1, 2012
- Jun 4: “Everyday is Ordinary”
- Jun 4: “Transmission ”
- Jun 4: Cynthia Gregory: “Of Reference, Of Departure, Of Origin”
- Jun 4: “Emily Fleisher”
- More »
- May 5:
The Big Give
- May 20:
Red Dot 2015
- More »
- Feb 28, 2015-Jun 1, 2015: “Icon ” (Semmes Library)
Seniors & B-Cycle Members: $3
Military, Veterans, Students with ID and Blue Star Members: Free
Call for entry: Berlin residency program
Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, The City of San Antonio Office of Cultural Affairs, The University of Texas at San Antonio and private sponsors such as Guillermo Nicolas are pleased to announce the opening call for San Antonio Artist submissions for a Berlin residency program at the Künstlerhaus Bethanien, a non-profit organization that has earned a worldwide reputation for its International Residency Studio Program.
Four San Antonio artists will be given the opportunity to participate in the International Residency Program based upon their portfolio and statement of interest. A panel of professional Artists and Curators will choose these four artists. The final projects of the institution’s artists are publicly presented in the Künstlerhaus’ exhibition venue.
Please review the guidelines for submissions:
· Deadline for submissions is December 1, 2012
· Candidates must currently reside in Bexar County.
· Each candidate must include a resume including their name, email address, website, home and cell phone numbers, home address.
· Each candidate must submit a letter if intent, stating why they believe they should be chosen for the International Residency Program at the Künstlerhaus Bethanien. This essay should be no more than 500 words.
· Each candidate shall submit up to 15 individual high-resolution images of their work. Please attach an inventory of submitted works with the image's title, medium, dimensions, year, and corresponding JPEG file name.
· Submitting work via email to Allison Salinas at email@example.com is preferable. Large files can be shared via Dropbox and YouSendIt.
· If mailing, please include in one packet: a CD of images, a document with an inventory of submitted works with the image's title, medium, dimensions, year, and corresponding JPEG file names found on the CD.
· Mail submissions to: ATTN: Allison Salinas, Künstlerhaus Bethanien Submission, Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, 116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204.
· All applicants will be notified to confirm the arrival of their submission.
· Candidates will be alerted as to the status of their submissions by December 15, 2012. Please do not contact Blue Star Contemporary Art Center regarding the status of your submission, we will contact you.
· Please contact Allison Salinas, Development Assistant at Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, if you have any questions regarding submissions. Allison may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone (210) 227-6960.
116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204
(210) 227-6960 | Contact Us | Hours
Blue Star Contemporary gratefully acknowledges major support from the City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development; The Lifshutz Family; Ann Griffith Ash; The Brown Foundation, Inc.; Charles C. Butt; Capital Group; Penelope Speier and Sonny Collins; H-E-B; Ricos Products Co., Inc.; Valero Energy Corporation; and Weston Urban. Additional essential support is provided by 1010 South Flores Lofts and 1111 Austin Highway Lofts; Argo Group; Bury, Inc.; Casa Rio & Schilo's; C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc.; Pat and Geof Edwards; Frost Bank; King William Association; Muñoz and Company; The NRP Group, LLC; Rackspace; Silver Eagle Distributors; Strasburger & Price, LLP; Texas Commission on the Arts; and the Community Partners, Members, Individual Donors, and Board of Directors of Blue Star Contemporary.
© Contemporary Art For San Antonio 2015
- May 20: