DatesThursday, November 1, 2012 — December 1, 2012
- May 31: Kathy Sosa: “Kathy Sosa”
- Jun 6: Sherry Owens: “Texas Tough: Sherry Owens - Origins”
- Jun 6: Sharon Kopriva: “Texas Tough: Sharon Kopriva - From Terra to Verde”
- Jun 6: Amita Bhatt: “Texas Tough: Amita Bhatt - Depends Who You Ask”
- Jun 6: Jill Bedgood: “Texas Tough: Jill Bedgood - Book of Hours: Intervention ”
- More »
- May 22:
Red Dot 2013
- More »
- Mar 22, 2013-Mar 1, 2014: “Art in the Garden 2013” (San Antonio Botanical Garden)
Call for entry: Berlin residency program
Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, The City of San Antonio Office of Cultural Affairs, The University of Texas at San Antonio and private sponsors such as Guillermo Nicolas are pleased to announce the opening call for San Antonio Artist submissions for a Berlin residency program at the Künstlerhaus Bethanien, a non-profit organization that has earned a worldwide reputation for its International Residency Studio Program.
Four San Antonio artists will be given the opportunity to participate in the International Residency Program based upon their portfolio and statement of interest. A panel of professional Artists and Curators will choose these four artists. The final projects of the institution’s artists are publicly presented in the Künstlerhaus’ exhibition venue.
Please review the guidelines for submissions:
· Deadline for submissions is December 1, 2012
· Candidates must currently reside in Bexar County.
· Each candidate must include a resume including their name, email address, website, home and cell phone numbers, home address.
· Each candidate must submit a letter if intent, stating why they believe they should be chosen for the International Residency Program at the Künstlerhaus Bethanien. This essay should be no more than 500 words.
· Each candidate shall submit up to 15 individual high-resolution images of their work. Please attach an inventory of submitted works with the image's title, medium, dimensions, year, and corresponding JPEG file name.
· Submitting work via email to Allison Salinas at firstname.lastname@example.org is preferable. Large files can be shared via Dropbox and YouSendIt.
· If mailing, please include in one packet: a CD of images, a document with an inventory of submitted works with the image's title, medium, dimensions, year, and corresponding JPEG file names found on the CD.
· Mail submissions to: ATTN: Allison Salinas, Künstlerhaus Bethanien Submission, Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, 116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204.
· All applicants will be notified to confirm the arrival of their submission.
· Candidates will be alerted as to the status of their submissions by December 15, 2012. Please do not contact Blue Star Contemporary Art Center regarding the status of your submission, we will contact you.
· Please contact Allison Salinas, Development Assistant at Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, if you have any questions regarding submissions. Allison may be reached by email at email@example.com or via phone (210) 227-6960.
116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204
(210) 227-6960 | Contact Us | Hours
Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum is supported by: San Antonio Department of Cultural and Creative Development, The National Endowment for the Arts, Texas Commission on the Arts, Ricos Products Co., Inc., The Capital Group Company: Home of American Funds, H-E-B, Rackspace, NuStar Energy LP, Frost Bank, The Fund, The Smothers Foundation, Valero Energy, Strasburger Price Oppenheimer Blend, Alturas Foundation, Argo Group, The Flohr Family Foundation, RBC, Alamo Beer, Silver Eagle Distributors LP, Republic National Distributing Company, Hotel Valencia, Citrus at Hotel Valencia, Boeing Employee Community Fund, Blue Star Community Partners and the Blue Star Board of Directors and Members.
© Contemporary Art For San Antonio 2013