DatesTuesday, August 28, 2012 — September 6, 2012
Time12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
LocationBlue Star Contemporary Art Center
- Mar 19:
Screening: Autumn Wanderer
- May 21:
Red Dot 2014
- More »
- Feb 28, 2014-Jan 31, 2015: Richard Hunt: “Art in the Garden 2014” (San Antonio Botanical Garden)
- Mar 12: Gloves and Glasses
- Mar 26: Black Box Lunch- Mira Hnatyshyn
- May 3: Blue Star Family Day: Discover Printmaking!
- » More
Seniors & B-Cycle Members: $3
Military, Veterans, Students with ID and Blue Star Members: Free
Call for entry: Super 8
Blue Star Contemporary Art Center is pleased to announce the open call for artist submissions for Super 8, an upcoming exhibition curated by Catherine Anspon, Fine Arts Editor of PaperCity magazine (Houston). The title is representative of four San Antonio artists and four Houston artists who will be included in the exhibition.
This highly anticipated exhibition in Blue Star's main gallery space opens with a reception at Blue Star Contemporary Art Center from 6 - 9 p.m. on Thursday, December 6, 2012 and will run through Saturday, February 16, 2013.
Please review the guidelines for submissions:
• Deadline for submissions is September 6, 2012.
• San Antonio artists must live in Bexar County.
• Each candidate may submit up to 10 different works for consideration. Please limit images of each work to 3.
• Submitting work via email to Brittany@bluestarart.org is preferable. Email each work (with up to 3 photos only) separately including name, title, date and dimensions in subject line. In another email, include your CV/resume, artist statement and a checklist of all materials emailed.
• Digital images must be high resolution.
• If mailing, please include in one packet: a CD of images, checklist of all materials in packet with image titles, date, medium, an artist statement and CV. Mailed submissions must be received by deadline.
• Mail submissions to: Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, 116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204 or e-mail to Brittany@bluestarart.org.
Candidates will be alerted as to the status of their submissions by no later than September 24, 2012. Please contact Brittany Parker, Program Assistant at Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, if you have any questions regarding submissions by e-mailing Brittany@bluestarart.org or calling 210-227-6960.
116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204
(210) 227-6960 | Contact Us | Hours
Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum gratefully acknowledges major support from the City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development, the Lifshutz Family, the National Endowment for the Arts, and Ricos Products Co., Inc. Additional essential support is provided by Alamo Beer, Alturas Foundation, Argo Group, Boeing Employee Community Fund, The Capital Group Company: Home of American Funds, Citrus at Hotel Valencia, H-E-B, Hotel Valencia, The Flohr Family Foundation, Frost Bank, The Arts Fund, Luther King Capital Management, Mission Pharmacal, Muñoz and Company, The NRP Group LLC, NuStar Energy LP, Rackspace, RBC, Republic National Distributing Company, Silver Eagle Distributors LP, The Smothers Foundation, Strasburger & Price, LLP, Texas Commission on the Arts, The Trust Company, Valero Energy, and the Community Partners, Members, Individual Donors, and Board of Directors of Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum.
© Contemporary Art For San Antonio 2014
- May 21: