#BlueStarBlueTote Twitter Contest
In the midst of the summer heat, Blue Star Contemporary Art Center is excited to announce a cool and creative competition, the #BlueStarBlueTote Twitter/Instagram photo contest, launching on July 17, 2012 and culminating on the last day of summer, September 22, 2012, with just one winner.
How do you participate? First, swing by Blue Star Contemporary Art Center from Tuesday, July 17, 2012 to Friday, July 20, 2012, 12pm-6pm, to pick up your FREE #BlueStarBlueTote while supplies last. Next, follow Blue Star (@BLUESTARART) on Twitter and Instagram, read the guidelines posted on the nonprofit’s website (bluestarart.org), and start documenting how you stay cool during the summer by snapping original and artistic photos with your #BlueStarBlueTote and Tweeting them to @BLUESTARART with the hash tag #BlueStarBlueTote! Multiple entries are highly encouraged and contestants can tweet and reside internationally.
One winning photograph will be chosen by a panel of three renowned photographers on the last day of the summer, September 22, 2012, and the lucky individual will win a Friend of Blue Star Membership (valued at $125), which includes all Blue Star Membership benefits plus invitations to exclusive insider art and special events and VIP post opening receptions. The winner will be notified via their Twitter account and the winning photo will be posted on Blue Star's website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts. All Blue Star approved photos will be posted to the #BlueStarBlueTote album on the Blue Star Facebook account, as well as retweeted and uploaded to the Blue Star Instagram account.
Mark your calendars and beat the summer heat with Blue Star’s original #BlueStarBlueTote Contest!
OFFICIAL RULES for the #BlueStarBlueToteContest
1. Contest Description: The contest is one in which a participant submits an original and creative photograph of himself/herself with his/her Blue Star Blue Tote to Blue Star Contemporary Art Center’s twitter account using the hashtag #bluestarbluetotecontest and will be judged by a panel of renowned San Antonio photographers. Tuesday, July 17, 2012 to Friday, July 20, 2012 from 12 pm-6pm individuals should stop by Blue Star Contemporary Art Center to pick up a free Blue Star Blue Tote while supplies last. The contest officially begins Tuesday, July 17, 2012 and lasts through the last day of summer, September 22, 2012.
2. Eligibility: Contest open to persons 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. This contest is open to international residents.
3. How to enter: No purchase necessary and no entry fee, payment, or proof-of-purchase is necessary to participate in this contest. You can enter the contest in accordance with the steps described on the contest description page located at http://www.bluestarart.org in accordance with these Official Rules. Entrants acknowledge that by Tweeting to @BLUESTARART with the hashtag #BlueStarBlueTote, they are are indicating that they have read, accept, and agree to be bound by these rules and regulations set in the official contest guidelines. The name of the person entering the Contest must be the authorized account holder of the Twitter address used to submit entry to the Contest; otherwise, the entry may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a winner, an entrant will be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter address on the entry form. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify Blue Star in writing if the entrant changes his or her Twitter, e-mail or postal address during the contest period.
5. Winner selection: All entries will be judged based on two equally weighted criteria: creativity and originality. Blue Star’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this contest.
6. Winner notification and prize fulfillment: You will be notified within approximately five (5) days after Blue Star picks its winners, via Twitter, if and only if you win the prize. Any winner notification returned either electronically, or as undeliverable without a forwarding address, will result in prize forfeiture and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Winner has three (3) days to respond to the notice from Blue Star. If no response is received within the three day period, an alternate winner will be chosen. Potential winners may be required to sign and return to Blue Star an Affidavit of Eligibility/Talent & Liability Release which shall include, among other things, a “work for hire” agreement and (where lawful) a publicity release, for receipt by Blue Star by the due date indicated in the notification letter. If any required documents are not promptly returned, for any reason or no reason, then the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at Blue Star’s discretion.
7. Release: All entrants and winners agree to release Blue Star from and against any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with accessing the contest page; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the contest; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in any contest-related or prize-related activity, or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. Blue Star is further not liable for damage to an entrant or user's computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an entrant's participation in the contest or downloading of information in connection with the contest. Blue Star reserves the right to modify or cancel the contest in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the contest becomes technically corrupted. Winners grant to Blue Star the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known (including without limitation use online or through Blue Star’s website) the winner’s entry, name, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising, and promotional purposes as may be determined by Blue Star.
116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204
(210) 227-6960 | Contact Us | Hours
Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum gratefully acknowledges major support from the City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development, the Lifshutz Family, the National Endowment for the Arts, and Ricos Products Co., Inc. Additional essential support is provided by Alamo Beer, Alturas Foundation, Argo Group, Boeing Employee Community Fund, The Capital Group Company: Home of American Funds, Citrus at Hotel Valencia, H-E-B, Hotel Valencia, The Flohr Family Foundation, Frost Bank, The Arts Fund, Luther King Capital Management, Mission Pharmacal, Muñoz and Company, The NRP Group LLC, NuStar Energy LP, Rackspace, RBC, Republic National Distributing Company, Silver Eagle Distributors LP, The Smothers Foundation, Strasburger & Price, LLP, Texas Commission on the Arts, The Trust Company, Valero Energy, and the Community Partners, Members, Individual Donors, and Board of Directors of Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum.
© Contemporary Art For San Antonio 2013